Best Speakers For Record Player of 2018
In the era of MP3, CDs and streaming music for listening to the music of your choice it looks ridiculous to talk about record players and speakers for them. But you should not forget that DJs and other similar audiophiles are still popular these days among music lovers with their stereo turntables and collection of records.
However crackly sound of old records can annoy anyone, elders and youngsters. In order to please all the music lovers, regardless of their generation, you will have to pair your record player with latest variety of speakers to rock them even at the music of 1970s with a new experience.
All types of record players, high quality as well as budgetary, require speakers and other accessories to enhance the quality of the sound they reproduce. But availability of wide variety of models of speakers for record players from various brands in the market makes it difficult to find out the best one for you.
Some of the record players, especially low priced, have built-in speakers but the quality of their reproduced sound is usually unbearable. So you will have to buy a complete set of speakers separately to improve their sound quality. The best speakers for record player reviews provide in this write-up can be helpful for you in this regard.
Top 5 Best Speakers For Record Player Review
1. Pyle Home PCB3BK 3-Inch 100-Watt Mini Cube Bookshelf Speakers – Pair (Black) (Pair) Review
Along with record player they can also be used with stereo systems or home theatre and can enhance the looks of your bookshelf or table.
They have 3” paper cone drivers with 100 watt power holding capacity to power them to deliver a frequency response ranging from 90 Hz to 18 kHz.
In order to prevent damage to their CRT monitors they are video shielded. These bookshelf speakers from Pyle Pro are perfect choice for you if you are looking for power in a small package.
- This full range mini speaker system has 90 Hz- 18 kHz frequency response to provide the undistorted sound quality
- Their 8 ohms impedance makes them great for home theatre applications
- The 3.6” x 3.6” x 4.6”dimension of video shielded speakers make them the best pair of compact speakers
- This pair of full range mini speaker system offers the best sound quality in a room
- Their 3” paper cone drivers have 100 watt power handling capacity
- The quality of reproduced sound is not satisfactory
2. Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair Review
The B652 two-way speakers from Dayton Audio is a pair of bookshelf speakers that can be used perfectly in your dorm rooms, living areas and apartments to listen to the music of your choice from your record player.
Though these speakers are small in size as they measure under 12-Inch in height but they are strong enough to adjust with the decor of your place. The two-way design of B652 includes features like a 5/8-Inch polycarbonate dome tweeter cooled with ferrofluid and a 6-1/2-inch polypropylene cone woofer to reproduce accurate audio sound at 70 Hz to 20,000 Hz frequency.
The installation features of thee speakers for record player include key-hole hanger, removable grill and quick connect speaker terminals. They can be great addition for any living space due to their small size and powerful
- These speakers offer profound performance even after their small size
- They can improve the decor of your space with their black ebony pica vinyl cabinet finish
- Their grill is removable
- They offer detailed sound with excellent clarity
- Its highs are a bit shrill whereas lows are missing
- They are not as good as advertised
3. Micca MB42 Bookshelf Speakers With 4-Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer and Silk Dome Tweeter (Black, Pair) Review
This pair of black coloured speakers for record player is provided with 4 Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer & Silk Dome tweeter to provide you best quality sound. These bookshelf speakers offer a wonderful experience of listening to the music of your choice while taking care of your budget and very little space in your room.
The classic looks and natural texture of these speakers are beautifully designed. They can be blended easily in any type of decor of your room as they take very little space. The sound reproduced by these speakers is well balanced and offers the best vocal clarity.
So it can be used with any setting along with record player like home theatre or music system. But you will have to buy a receiver or amplifier to play music as they are not self-powered.
- They provide accurate and neutral signature sound with outstanding vocal precision
- Their compact and classic design allows you to place and adjust them easily in the decor of your room
- They offer improved impactful and transient bass with balanced Woven carbon fiber woofer
- They provide accurate imaging and smooth treble with high-performance Silk dome tweeter
- They provide extended response with low distortion due to their ported enclosure.
- The dimensions of these compact speakers is 9.5″ x 5.8″ x 6.5″
- They are good only for small spaces
- It is not good for people who mind cables for their sound system.
4. Dual LU43PB 100 Watt 3-way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers in Black (Pair) Review
The DUAL LU43 is the pair of black coloured speakers that are small in size, but produce big sound. The design of this 3-way multi-purpose speaker allows it to deliver high-fidelity sounds accurately wherever you place it. This set of is multipurpose indoor/outdoor speakers include dual speakers with durable and weather resistant construction.
It can be used temporarily or permanently outdoors as its design is weather resistant. It can be mounted horizontally as well as vertically as its logo is adjustable. You can use it anywhere in your home including patios, spa, pool or back yards to enjoy music of your choice.
Rubber surround, a 4-inch polypropylene woofer, 20mm Piezo dome tweeter that pump out 50 watts of RMS power and can handle up to 100 watts of sound and 25mm poly cone midrange are the other features of these three-way speakers.
The enclosure of these speakers is made of UV treated Abs materials. It can be mounted on multi-angle mounting brackets or swivel to send music wherever you want. They are supported with limited period warranty of one year.
- This pair of two 50 watt speakers offers great sound quality
- It has 4-inch woofer to improve its bass
- Its 40 mm poly cone and 20 mm piezo dome twitter offer midrange sounds
- Their frequency response ranging between 100 Hz and 20 kHz offers undistorted sound
- Their 85.5 dB Sensitivity and 4-6 ohm nominal impedance allow you to enjoy best quality music of your choice
- It can be rotate up to 120 degree with the help of its multiversity pivot bracket system
- It annoys neighbour when used outdoor as it throws the sound quite far
- Its mids ok but lows are awful
5. Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices, Black Review
The black coloured Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 can be used in any living space to enjoy rich stereo sound with deep bass. These multimedia speakers with modern looks can reproduce sounds of enough volume for any type of room with its two drivers per satellite and 10 watt of peak power.
It produces balanced sound of your record player or stereo system with additionally deep bass. It is provided with dedicated wheel for bass control so that you can adjust it as per your requirement.
You can also plug them with any of your two devices simultaneously including tablet, laptop or Smartphone easily with the help of two audio input points provided on them.
These perfectly tuned speakers can add sound and style in any space whether you are listening to music in your living room or kitchen.
- They provide rich, clear and balanced room filling acoustic stereo sound
- You can use it simultaneously with multiple devices to play audio content
- Their integrated volume and power controls on their front can make adjustments conveniently and quickly
- Their two 2.5″drivers per speaker reproduce rich and clear stereo sound with added bass with 10 watts peak power
- Their 3.5mm audio input plus auxiliary line allows you to use them with multiple devices by plugging in two devices like your Smartphone, tablet or laptop at the same time
- Power, on-speaker volume and bass controls can be adjusted easily and quickly with your fingertip.
- Their handy headphone jack allow you to listen to music in complete privacy
- Headphone jack does not work properly
- Speaker has volume control problem as it is loudest when turned on and cannot be controlled immediately.
Things to Consider When Buying Speakers for Record Players
While buying speakers for your record player, discussed as best speakers for record player reviews in this write-up, you will have to consider several things before making a decision. First of all you should consider your budget. The price of the speaker can really change your decision. You can try to buy the best speakers within your budget.
Apart from your budget you should consider the technologies used them and the quality of materials used in creating them so that you can enjoy high quality sound at reasonable price. The speakers you choose should match with all of its other components.
They must be able to connect with the receiver or the record player. They should be able to provide the right amount of wattage for amplifier for their proper working. Finally you should assess the set of speakers on the basis of your own preferences and tastes as it is the matter of personal perspective. You should purchase a complete set of speakers for your record player on the basis of the suitability of their sound to your ears.
Types of Speakers for Record Players
Speakers for record players are available in all sizes and shapes. Every speaker type has its own pros and cons and functionalities. So you should be able to handle them while playing your records on record player. Some of the popular types of speakers for record players may include:
- a) Floor speakers: They are large speakers that can be used as front-speakers in the surround sound systems and stand on the floor.
- b) Bookshelf speakers: They are compact and small speakers that can be placed on a bookshelf or tabletop.
- c) In-ceiling or in-wall speakers: They can be installed inside the ceiling or wall to remain unremarkable
- d) Subwoofer and satellite speakers: These small speakers are used with subwoofers for limited bass response
How to Buy Speakers for Record Players?
People who love to listen to the music form their record player should invest on good quality speakers. Those who really appreciate quality sound may like to spend lots of money even on a standalone set of speakers from some popular brand.
But people with limited budget also try to buy the best set of speakers for their record player within their budget. They can buy their speakers through a reputed online store like Amazon etc. to get the best one at a very reasonable price.
You can easily find best speakers on these online stores just by typing the words of your choice in their search box. You can short list some of the speakers within your budget and compare their features to buy the best one for your personal use.
Thus, after going through the best speakers for record player reviews provided in this write-up you can easily understand the importance of speakers for your record player. The diaphragm provided inside the cabinets of these devices trembles realistically to reproduce music from old as well as new record players.
The true sound reproduced by a good set of speakers can surely offer a great experience to the listeners. So while purchasing a good set of speakers for your record player you should spend some time to search about them online and offline stores. It will help you to get a long lasting product that can provide you the sound of the best quality.
The information provided in this write-up can educate the buyers of speaker for their record player. You should keep this information in your mind while buying a set of good speakers regardless of the brand you choose for this purpose. Moreover, you should choose a reliable store to buy the speakers of your choice smartly as they can assure the quality of sound reproduced by the speakers you have selected.