Best Soundbar Under $100 (Year 2018)
Soundbars are currently one of the most popular piece of technologies in the “home theatre system” category. The beauty of soundbar is that it is a single cabinet which can provide a powerful surround sound; all thanks to the 2 to 5 speakers present in the main enclosure. It is known for delivering amazing multichannel surround sound stereo effect which a regular flat display TV set fails to deliver without any surround sound speaker setups. This compact and sleek audio system can be placed on a shelf below or above the TV or can be mounted on the wall taking less space than other types of home audio entertainment system, and thereby brings a certain aesthetic appeal.
To meet the growing demand of this product, different manufacturers have come up with different models with different price range. So, which one is right for your home? For your shopping pleasure, here are the 5 best soundbar under $100 reviews along with a helpful buying guide:
Top 5 Best Soundbar Under $100 Reviews
1. Sceptre SB80-PS SB 20 Inch Sound Bar Home Speakers Review
Kick-starting the list with the soundbar from Sceptre which is 20 inches long (even the subwoofer is 20 inches long). Even though it is the shortest in this list of the 5 best soundbar under $100 reviews, there is nothing short when it comes to its performance. The fact that it is Bluetooth supported allows streaming music wirelessly via different devices.
- It comes with 2.1 channels and an amazing 20W x 2 bar of power which allows great treble and bass sounds in one product.
- The audio input is Banana Jack.
- It comes with a built-in Bluetooth which supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile and EDR technology that makes this soundbar compatible with different devices that can be connected wirelessly.
- The shape of this product is horn.
- It has a 3.5 stereo jack, an optical digital input (L/R RCA jacks) and coax (SPDIF) digital audio which allows maximum connectivity including MP3 player and laptop.
- The RMS power is 100W.
- The 40W subwoofer (type – passive) is designed in such a manner so that it does not take too much space and looks sleek and compact.
- It comes with a remote which is made lightweight for easy navigation.
- The fact that it is small in size helps to save space.
- It comes with a powerful subwoofer, so advantage of two products in the price of one.
- It is very easy to set up and the manufacturer provides great customer support.
- Sometimes it fails to pick up the subtle bass frequencies.
- The subwoofer is not built-in which can be a problem for some but the subwoofer is compact in size.
2. VIZIO SB2920-C6 29-Inch 2.0 Channel Sound Bar Review
For a long time now, this soundbar from VIZIO has been at the top of their game. The best thing about this soundbar is the 2.0 DTS TruVolume which produces great sound. It is known for minimizing the distractions caused by fluctuating volume and DTS allows a crisp surround sound experience. The soundbar can go up to 95 dB which also another reason why this one is so popular.
- It is 29 inches long and comes in a stunning black color.
- It includes a remote control.
- It has an in-built Bluetooth for maximum connectivity.
- It is lightweight and compact in size and is wall mounted (mounting hardware is included) which has a lot of space.
- The setup is easy and it connects with the TV set with one of the cables which is provided.
- It comes with treble and bass adjusting options and the frequency response is 70- 19000 Hz.
- It comes with built-in decoders like DTS decoder and DTS TruSurround, besides the DTS Studio Sound provides amazing sound effect.
- The speaker channel type is stereo and the channel qty of the same is 2.
- It has 4 pin USB Type A, RCA phono x 2, miniphone stereo 3.5mm, RCA phono and TOSLINK.
- It comes with a 1year limited warranty (parts and labor) and most importantly it comes with a free lifetime technical support.
- It has good volume level.
- One of the best soundbars with this price range.
- It is needed to be turned on separately.
- It does not come with a subwoofer but still this soundbar does not fail to impress.
3. iLive Horizontal Bluetooth Sound Bar with 2.0 Channel Stereo Speaker (Black) Review
This one from iLive is perfect for anyone who want to avoid dealing with wires sprawling around the TV set. This wireless soundbar has a range of 33 feet, and with the Bluetooth technology one can experience 2.0 stereo speaker channel audio from their smartphones (android and iOS), iPad/Tablets, cable/satellite receiver, gaming console, DVD player, MP3 player and other such devices as well.
- It is a 32 inches soundbar which supports Bluetooth v3.0 and comes in the color black.
- It has optical digital audio input.
- It also supports EDR or Enhanced Data Rate.
- One can connect this soundbar to other devices because of the RCA stereo audio inputs (RCA stereo audio cable included).
- It comes with a LED power, pairing and source indicators.
- One can connect this soundbar to iPad shuffle other such devices with the 3.5mm line-in jack.
- It requires a AC/DC power adapter which is included.
- It comes with remote control (pre-installed CR2025 battery) and digital volume control.
- It comes with wall mounting kits which includes spacers, screws and mounting template and instructions.
- It weighs 3.3 pounds and is 32×3.1×4 inches in dimensions.
- Great audio performance at a great price.
- It has a sleek and modern look.
- It comes with 1year limited warranty (parts and labor).
- Sometimes the optical audio input comes in with a high pitch sound or static sound when playing from phone which stops after adjusting the sound.
- Wall mounting takes few hours, but once done there is no need to worry about that anymore.
4. Jensen JSBW-650 Wall-Mountable 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Soundbar Speaker with Built-In Subwoofer Review
This next one is from Jensen and it comes with a built-in subwoofer which helps to produce great sound always. The wireless sleek modern design and multiple mounting options is also another great thing about this soundbar, especially considering the fact this one is 37.6 inches in height.
- One of the best feature is the 3 different placement options and they are table top placement, floor stand option (base stand is included) and the wall mounting option (wall mounting hardware and template included).
- It comes with a remote control.
- 3.5mm auxiliary cord included.
- The output is 2 x 15 Watt RMS and 20-watt subwoofer
- It has auxiliary input jack which helps the soundbar to be connected to different devices like MP3 player, iPod and other such devices.
- The peak wattage 30 and needs 120 Volt AC adaptor which has been included.
- It also has RCA analog input jack and happens to support A2DP. The RCA to RCA cord has been provided.
- Digital volume control with treble, bass and mute functions.
- The high frequency response is 20 kHz and the low frequency response is 20 Hz.
- It has 5 mode preset EQ and sensitivity is 90 dB.
- It has FM receiver which not available in many other soundbars.
- It comes with 3 channels with impedance of 8 ohms.
- Sometimes the Bluetooth range is poor.
- It comes with only 90-day limited warranty but the product is made with best materials and state-of-the-art technology.
5. RCA RTS7110B-2 RCA Home Theater Sound Bar with Bluetooth Review
The number one spot of this 5 best soundbar under $100 reviews goes to this 40 inches soundbar from RCA. Some of the reasons for its popularity is the 2 channels (combined 30W output power) and the Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity option. The soundbar allows great sound for a great experience, and also the option to stream wirelessly via Bluetooth-enable devices is helpful.
- It is 4.40 pounds in weight yet it is sleek in design and comes in a brilliant black color.
- The input type is Auxiliary and Analog (RCA type) Audio. There are a line-in jack for MP3 player and other audio devices and also universal audio inputs optical digital. The connectors are RCA (L/R), and 3.5mm audio inputs
- You can choose the freestanding option (built-in stand) or the wall-mounted options.
- It come with remote control and the battery required in the remote control is 2 AAA battery which is included.
- It can control bass and treble and the frequency response is 100-20 Hz.
- It comes with power cord and MP3 line-in cable.
- It comes with 4 speakers which produces high quality sound with two 8 ohm 2 drivers two 8 ohm 2.5 drivers.
- Amazing sound and other feature at a great price.
- It comes with a 1year manufacturer warranty.
- It does not remember the volume control after it has been turned off and back on.
- It defaults input to AUX instead of the last used option. But it can be changed to preferred option with ease.
What you need to know before buying a soundbar?
Before buying the soundbar you want, you need to ensure you have the right space to keep the soundbar with your TV. If by anyway the TV remote-control sensors are blocked you have to adjust yourself every time you want to change the volume or channel. So, a soundbar with a mall-mounting option is very helpful.
Secondly, before buying the soundbar you need to make sure that it has front display. Most soundbar do not have this option and it becomes impossible to know the basic information one needs when using the TV and other such devices.
And thirdly, just because you are getting a soundbar under $100 doesn’t mean that the product will not be good or won’t be able to do its job properly. But this also doesn’t mean that all cheap soundbar will be able to provide an amazing sound quality. So, before investing in one, you need to check what are you getting in return for the price you are willing to offer.
How to choose the best soundbar for your home?
Now let’s discuss how you will know if the soundbar you are buying will be the right one or not. First of all, you need to make sure that it provides great audio performance like stereo surround sound, adjusting bass and treble for clearer and crisp sound, good speakers and such others. You also need to make sure that it provides proper wire and wireless options so that you can connect it to your desired device with ease.
Also make sure that the range of the Bluetooth connectivity is good. A good Bluetooth range will make sure you can use any device in your home to enjoy the surround sound effect which the soundbar can offer. And a soundbar with a remote control will make using the product an easy task.
What size of soundbar do you need?
By the going through the 5 best soundbar under $100 reviews, you can see that soundbars are available in different length. So, which one is the right size for your TV set or your home. It is true that with a powerful soundbar you can get the desired sound effect but buying the soundbar according to the size of the TV helps a lot. So, for TV set which is between 42 to 50 inches it will be best to go for a soundbar which is between 30 to 40 inches. And for a TV set that is smaller than 42 inches a soundbar that is between 20-30 inches will work perfectly.
What is the difference between active and passive soundbar?
When buying soundbar, you will come across the word “Active Soundbar” and “Passive Soundbar”. An all-in-one setup type of soundbar are known as active soundbar, meaning the different components that are responsible for creating the sound are included in one. A soundbar with a built-in amplifier and speakers are a common example of active soundbar. A passive soundbar, on the other hand, will need a separate receive or amplifier. But, passive soundbar will provide the option of working with different crossover settings and options like connection with many resources to achieve a clear sound or a desired sound effect. Hence, it is advised that an active soundbar will be used for personal use to get the desired result. But, a passive soundbar can also work with the right set up knowledge or help.
There you have it; these were the answers to some important questions one might have about choosing and buying the best soundbar for their home. With this buying guide and the 5 best soundbar under $100 reviews, buying the right soundbar will be a very easy and quick process surely.